Monday, June 23, 2008

Feel Free To Talk Behind My Back




"I would never say anything behind their/your back, that I wouldn't say to their/your face." -Random Person Trying To Sound Noble.

Is that really such a virtue? Sometimes things need to be said, venting needs to occur, and you don't need to say that to a person's face. Talking behind someone's back is a good thing, it's a courtesy. But like anything else, do it in moderation. And be careful to not start sucking as a person.

It's like my friend Mike says, "Sometimes I'll say all kinds of shit about people, shit that would be cruel if I said it to their face, and then I sort of work my way backwards from there. 'Well, it's not exactly like that, and I was sort of being a dick too.' But, sometimes I need to start off dropping bombs, and I better not do it on their face."

Cheerio!

1 comment:

Raskolnikov Razumikhin Karamazov said...

I second the motion to vent behind people's backs as long as you aren't doing so to actually cut them down.