Monday, October 27, 2008

CHRIS! ROCK! CHRIS ROCK!!!




Last night I went to the Laugh Factory for a show of basically unknown comics, and then towards the end a, "very special guest" was announced. All of a sudden Chris Rock starts walking up the aisle next to me and hops on stage! Not to mention I was in the front row. Apparently he's going to be on The Tonight Show tonight, and he wanted to work out some new material. I've always hoped to be at a comedy club, and have a huge comedian come unannounced to work out some new material like I had seen in Jerry Seinfeld's Comedian , but to have it be Chris Rock, was like a dream come true. He just went up there and just basically freestyled for 15-20 minutes, putting jokes together as he went. It was awesome to watch a genius at work. Yeah, genius, and I don't mean that in any kind of funny way.

Just to give you an idea of how cool this was for me, when I was a kid I watched The Chris Rock Show late at night on HBO (which was way too adult, and way too late for how old I was), read his book in a day, and have seen all his movies and HBO specials. I think that him and Jerry Seinfeld are probably two of Top 5 comedians of all time, and now I've seen them both perform in person.

I don't even know if I wrote this well enough to make it worth reading, but I don't care, last night was awesome.

No comments: