Friday, November 7, 2008

Paul Motherfuc*ing Rudd



You know how I know your gay?

I'm a big Paul Rudd fan, and I've been on the bandwagon since way before it existed. I don't think I liked him in Clueless initially, because he ended up with Alicia Silverstone, and 9 year old me was a little jealous. But it wasn't long before I dealt with my jealousy and realized that Rudd was hilarious. It takes pure genius to sleep with your underaged, ex-step-sister in a movie and still have the audience like you. Ladies and gentleman, Paul Rudd is that genius. So, clearly I'm going to go see my half-Jewish brethren (although he might actually be full Jew, not to be confused with full retard) in Role Models tonight, which he co-wrote and is starring in.

In this interview , Rudd talks about the possibility of his appearance in two possible sequels, ANCHORMAN 2 , and Ghostbusters . . . 8? .

Rudd’s out spruiking “Role Models” at the moment, a comedy he’s done with Seann William Scott, and in an interview with Aint it Cool News mentioned the “Ghostbusters 3” and “Anchorman 2” rumours that have been circling the web. If the info super-highway is to be believed – and you just know it is – he’s in both those films. Not that they exist. Yet.

‘’All of a sudden, these different rumors, and I only heard about it kind of like the same way everybody else had, which was exciting", Rudd says of the abovementioned titles, adding that the "Anchorman" sequel would be especially fun to do, "I kind of thought, ‘Oh, it’d be really fun’, because it was a blast making ANCHORMAN, and they were great. They’re amazing, all those guys. I saw Will Ferrell and talked about it with him briefly. And, I e-mailed Adam McKay, saying ‘I’m so into the idea of doing it,’ but, it has to be weirder than ANCHORMAN. I mean, there’s no point…I mean, I think everyone thinks there’s no point in doing it, unless it’s something very strange and funny and specific. But, I do think that everybody is excited about the idea. It just needs to be written. And, getting Adam and Will to…their schedules are so crazy.’’

Rudd also mentioned the "Ghostbusters 3" rumours over at Metromix.

''If I was in the next Ghostbusters film, I feel like I could slime just about anybody in the cast and I don't even need a ghost or a proton pack', he said.


If the ANCHORMAN crew can get together and make something even weirder than ANCHORMAN (one of my all time favorites), count me in.

As for his comment on a Ghostbusters sequel. Well, that quote is just proof that ANCHORMAN 2 should at least be efforted

Rudd on The Daily Show last night

No comments: