Monday, March 23, 2009

The Love Language



Just read about The Love Language in SPIN, and decided to go ahead and buy their album on iTunes. I'm thoroughly enjoying my first listen.

The Lo-Fi style is reminiscent of The Arcade Fire, but the pop sensibilities and piano remind me of something more along the lines of old Phantom Planet.

Worth checking out. Not to mention that the first album is a one-man band (not unlike Josh Rouse, Coconut Records (which wasn't entirely Schwartzman, but mostly) and Illinois (I think that was all just Sufjan Stevens).

However, apparently The Love Language became a 7-piece band for touring, and the second album will be made with the whole band.

Image From Here

I also really like their name and album artwork. You can never underestimate the power of good packaging.

No comments: